Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Welcome Wrestling Fans to Classic Championship Wrestling

JUST ADDED: I will be giving away a book signed by 2 Classic Championship Wrestlers next Tuesday afternoon. Read on to find out how you can win the book

I would like to take this moment to welcome you all to my Classic Championship Wrestling Blog. Growing up in the Heart of the Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling territory here in Myrtle Beach, SC I hardly ever missed a show when they came to town. My father used to take me to shows in Charlotte when I was a baby (early 70's) and I guess that is where I fell in love for the action inside the squared circle.

My Heros have almost always been the "bad guys" (Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, and The Masked Superstar (Just to name a few). As a pre-teen kid, I can remember watching wrestling with my cousins at my grandma's house on her small black & white tv and then going out in the yard and wrestling for hours on end. Remember, in the early 70's and early 80's we did not have the internet, Wii or even 893 channels to choose from. World Title belts made from brown paper bags from the grocery store and anything else we could find in the yard, we used in our grass ring. Man, do I wish that they had a 10ft x 10ft Chain Link Dog Cage like I see all over the roadside today. We would have been in real trouble with that thing. 

Since then, I have been to hundreds of Wrestling shows across the United States, I have done what many people can not do, I snuck backstage at a WWE Pay-Per-View in Atlanta, Ga and stayed there for the last half of the show watching what really goes on behind the scenes and then speaking & getting my photo taken with Stephanie McMahon. In 2005 I created, promoted and ran my own live wrestling show (Beach Bash 2005) that was a huge success.  



Today, I own and operate a successful Professional DJ Entertainment Company called Premier DJ Entertainment in Myrtle Beach, SC. I entertain Weddings and Corporate events all across the Carolinas. While I no longer promote Pro Wrestling events, I still get in the ring and provide ring announcing services for organizations throughout North & South Carolina.

I have to admit that for the most part, I am not that big a fan of the Wrestling that I see on TV today. Too much talk and not enough ass kicking (sorry, I had to just say it the that it is) I heard that the WWE is going to switch lanes once again and move in a more "family friendly" direction. I think TNA is a good challenge for the WWE and their live shows are simply awesome!  

On this Blog, I will be sharing interviews with Wrestlers from over the years, highlighting some great memories of Pro Wrestlings Past, Reviewing Pay-Per-Views and DVD's as they are released. I will share thoughts on The Past, The Present and Yes, The Future. I am a big fan of Indy Wrestling today as these guys (and girls) are the ones getting out there busting there butts entertaining crowds large and (often times) small.

Unlike the real Wrestling Websites that are out there, I am not going to load you up with spam, Pop Ups, Pop Unders or other junk like that. I am going to give it to you straight and I hope that you like it and share with your other friends and family.  I hope to interact with all Classic Championship Wrestling Fans  so please, feel feee to email me with your thoughts, memories and anything that you would like to post on here to share with others as well. I will gladly share them on here for the World to Read.  

DON'T MISS IT!!!! BE HERE!!!!

Wayne Cribb

DRAWING - I have a copy of the book "Wrestling With God" autographed by Classic Championship Wrestling Superstars Tully Blanchard & "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff that I will giving away next Tuesday. In order for you to win, you must follow us or become a member. Get signed up today and get in the drawing. This is only the 1st of many items that I will be giving away on this site. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the blog, Wayne! I've got web, HTML and graphic design experience if you ever need any help with anything!

    ReplyDelete